Hosted by: LOVE TO THE NATIONS
“My heart for this trip is to take a team of servant-hearted and passionate lovers of Jesus to pour out in a land that is close to the Father’s heart. We will be serving at the new Mazi Project in Thessaloniki, Greece as well as hosting an event to be a light in the community. We also get the opportunity on this trip to experience Jesus in the places we read about in the New Testament and walk in the steps of the Apostle Paul.” – Jenny Papapostolou
March 8-18, 2024
COST (LAND ONLY PACKAGE)
Registrants are responsible for their flights, both outbound and return.
15 SPOTS AVAILABLE
1. $500 non refundable deposit upon registration.
For Double Room (with roommate):
2. $1150 (50% of the remaining balance deposit) due 4 months prior to the trip- by November 5th, 2023.
3. $1150 (remaining balance) 2 months prior to the tour- by January 5th, 2024
For Single Room (no roommate):
2.$1500 (50% of the remaining balance deposit) due 4 months prior to the trip- by November 5th, 2023.
3. $1500 (remaining balance) 2 months prior to the tour- by January 5th, 2024
Cancellation policy outlined below.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN MY PACKAGE
• 7 Nights’ accommodation in Thessaloniki at 4 star hotel with daily breakfast & dinner included.
• 2 Nights’ accommodation in Athens at 4 star hotel, with daily breakfast & dinner included
• Hotel City tax.
• Domestic flights from Thessaloniki to Athens including 1 checked-in bag & 1 carry-on ( any extra luggage will be charged additionally)
• All land transportation and tours as outlined in the itinerary by deluxe motor coach including air conditioning and provision of a monthly public transportation bus card for some of the short hotel-mission premise and any extra personal not included in the program transportation
• Sightseeing tours with the services of local government licensed, English speaking, Biblical focused guides.
• All entrance fees to the archaeological, historical sites and museums as outlined in the itinerary.
• All group bus transfers upon arrival and departure from/to airports in Thessalonica & Athens
• Local English speaking assistant during all transfers.
• Whisper headsets.
• All VAT & local service charges.
• Drivers Porterage.
NOT INCLUDED IN MY PACKAGE
• Any personal expenses.
• Any lunches.
• Drinks and beverages.
• Travel & Medical Health insurance with covid-19 coverage, PCR/RAPID test expenses etc.
• Porterage at airport and port.
• Tips and gratuities to local drivers, guides, escorts, hotel & restaurant staff.
• Valid Passport for at least 6 months & visa fees (it is the responsibility of the passenger to have all necessary documentation in their possession before traveling). Consult the appropriate consulate(s) for information on their passport requirements.
• Baggage insurance & excess baggage.
• Any other items not specifically mentioned as being included.
We will have monthly zoom calls with Jenny before the trip to meet as a team as well as talk through any questions registrants have for the trip.
Lunches: The tour team will be booking at restaurants daily but everyone will be on their own to pay for lunches
Tips: We will collect $200 cash at our orientation meeting on the night that we arrive in Thessaloniki. This will cover tips for hotel staff, bellmen, front desk, housekeeping, kitchen staff, waiters/waitresses, bus driver, and tour guide)
Price is based on double occupancy –If traveling alone, you can room with someone else or pay for a single room (extra cost for private room $700)You will need to clarify upon your registration.
Your passport expiration date must be at least 6 months from the date of our return.
We do not provide, but strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance.
Please follow this link with information on which nationalities require visa to enter Greece https://www.mfa.gr/en/visas/visas-for-foreigners-traveling-to-greece/countries- requiring-or-not-requiring-visa.html
In 2024, the European Union will introduce ETIAS, a new Travel Information and Authorisation System. ETIAS will become a requirement to travel to Greece and most European countries.
For any cancellations further to this date:
November 6, 2023-January 5, 2024: 70% of trip will be refunded (excluding $500 non-refundable deposit)
January 6-February 6, 2024: 50% of trip will be refunded (excluding $500 non-refundable deposit)
February 7-Date of Arrival: 0% of trip will be refunded (excluding $500 non-refundable deposit)
BOOKING INFO FOR GROUP
We will be flying out of DFW. If you desire to book your flight on the same flights as the Love to the Nations team, flight information will be shared in a following email after registration.
DAY 1: MARCH 9TH
ARRIVAL IN THESSALONIKI
Upon arrival at the airport In Thessaloniki, our representative will meet and assist with your transfer to the hotel. Enjoy rest of the day at your own leisure in Thessalonica, the second largest city of Greece. Take a walk by the seaside promenade and explore the beautiful city center! Group dinner provided at the hotel.
DAY 2: MARCH 10TH
THESSALONIKI CITY TOUR AND WORSHIP NIGHT
In the morning, we will meet as a team and start our half day city tour of Thessaloniki (Acts 17:1-13). In the evening, we will return to our village and have a worship time together.
DAY 3-4: MARCH 11TH- MARCH 12TH
VOLUNTEER WORK AT THE MAZI PROJECT
The day will begin with worship and devotions. Team building and then we begin our work at the Mazi Project (ex: building, painting, cleaning, crafts, preparing the community event, etc)
DAY 5: MARCH 13TH
TRIP TO PHILIPPI/KAVALA
After morning devos, we will depart for Philippi, passing by the Lion statue of Amphipolis (short stop for photos). We visit the archaeological site of Philippi, where Paul established a strong church and sent his letter (Acts 16:9-33). We see the river where Lydia is said to have been baptized, the ruins of a prison where the Apostle Paul and Silas had been kept, the Agora, 5th and 6th century Basilica and the theater. After the visit, we continue to Kavala, the ancient port of Neapolis (Acts 16:11) where we enjoy a panoramic tour before returning to the hotel in Thessalonica. Group dinner provided at the hotel.
DAY 6-7: MARCH 14TH-MARCH 15TH
WORK AT THE MAZI PROJECT
We will prepare for our community event in our Mazi Gardens Cafe, where we will have live music, pizza, karaoke and children events for families and children in our community.
DAY 8: MARCH 16TH
TRAVEL TO ATHENS
DAY 9: MARCH 17TH
TOUR OF ATHENS (ACROPOLIS/MARS HILL)
In the morning, we climb up to the marble-capped Acropolis Hill and visit the famous Parthenon and Erechtheion Temples. Walk to nearby Mars’ Hill (Areopagus) (Acts 17:22) where Paul delivered his soul-stirring sermon to the giants of philosophy, logic and learning and spoke about the inscription: “to an unknown god”. We continue our tour with a panoramic sightseeing of the city highlights. Enjoy the rest of the day at your own leisure in Plaka, the oldest and most picturesque district of Athens. Group dinner provided at the hotel.
DAY 10: MARCH 18TH
DEPARTURE FROM ATHENS
Transfer to Athens International Airport for your departure flight.